Monday, September 21, 2009

Hikes

In an attempt to clear my mind and save some money, I hiked Mt. Monadnock in New Hampshire this weekend with my sis and dad. I kept a comfortable pace between my climb-the-mountain-as-fast-as-you-can sister and my I-thought-the-elliptical-would-train-me-for-this father. It was an enjoyable round-trip hike of roughly three hours and we had a huge Thai dinner afterward.

I hate myself for being hesitant to spend time with the family (it seems like a hindrance on me blazing my own trail in life) because I almost always end up enjoying the excursion in the end. Then I get mad at myself for putting up a fuss in the first place. Stubborn Al.

2 comments:

Simply Unpredictable said...

My senior year at Bentley, I had a Monday Morning 8:00am "Night Class" (I still don't get it). That professor said everyone should climb Mt. Monadnock. I'm a little disappointed I never got to whilst I was living in New England.
I guess I should find a great autumn day and find my way up there. Heck, my reunion's coming up in about a month... hrmm....

megmarie said...

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the weather in lieu of coming to NYC with me for the Decemberists...

I'm just being mean. The show was so sold out so we were able to sell your ticket no problem :)

I enjoy hiking and so does McShane if you're game to go someday. Mt. Washington Ammonusiac trail is roughly 9 miles rd trip and its a good all day hike.