Friday, July 24, 2009

International Micro-Celebrity


Wow, this is pretty neat. The internet is fascinating. The one screen-shot you see to the left was posted by Priscilla in France. I'll just assume that it's chock full of good, wholesome and positive French compliments.

Can anyone translate?
I'm curious to know what it says.

YouTube keeps a detailed account of all the video's statistics, including an interesting set of demographics. It shows exactly where in the world people are watching it based on age, gender, etc. It's really cool to know that somewhere in Finland, someone is watching my video. Or Latvia.


This next one was found on a Korean blog called "The Marketing War." As I've only taken elementary Japanese, I'm totally lost with this Asian dialect. Still, it's remarkable to see my video reach it that far.

This situation feels like that Simpsons episode where Homer was discovered to look like Mr. Sparkle, a Japanese Dishwashing Detergent mascot. Perhaps I'll reach the same micro-celebrity status in Korea.

Mental note: If I ever visit Korea, I must take my guitar in case I'm recognized.

This last one I found on a blog from the UK. I really dig the tags. Although I never explicitly mention it in the video or anywhere else, I'm quoted as saying that "I'm Very Creative." Apparently, the author took it upon himself/herself to quote me self-promotioning myself. I'm flattered.

Thanks to all who have blogged about me-- I appreciate it immensely. This is only the beginning for me and (fingers crossed) when I do land a job, it'll be a great "how-I-launched-my-career" story.

I'll continue updating this blog with news about the job search and more "Alec-Dotes", but I'll try to avoid mentioning any more media coverage. I endorse humility.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I have read about you in an article that concerned video curriculum on the main italian newspaper of economics ("ilSole24Ore"). This is the same article that went on the newspaper:
http://jobtalk.blog.ilsole24ore.com/jobtalk/2009/07/il-lato-b-il-videocurricukum-pi%C3%B9-bello-del-mondo-hire-me-oh-yeah.html

Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

oh, and she says that she would call you as soon as possible for a job interview!
ciao

Federico

Anonymous said...

You can also be found in the Netherlands. http://www.marketingfacts.nl/berichten/20090802_marketeer_op_zoek_naar_een_baan_onderscheid_jezelf/#comment110170

Good luck with the job search.

Anonymous said...

http://www.vkbanen.nl/carriere/748195/Zo-verkoop-je-jezelf-via-YouTube.html