Sunday, July 19, 2009

Attention? Check. Job? Soon.

The Video-Resume had a bigger impact than I initially anticipated. But now I need to figure out how to utilize what I've created into actually landing a job (believe it or not).

I've got the attention with the video, no doubt, but the toughest part now is actually deciding where to go from here. Do I network more with prospective employers? Do I try to maintain the video's lifespan by continuing its distribution? I think I need to research what others have done.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Hey, saw you were looking into the JET program earlier. Now that you're an international super-star you might not be looking at doing the overseas thing... buuut.... Well, I was in Taiwan this summer where my brother is teaching English. It's a pretty nice set-up he has and it was really easy for him to get a position. I don't know if it is a particular draw to Japan, but JET is easily the hardest program to get into (mostly because you have to deal with all the US nerds fighting for the jobs as well). Taiwan is a great option if you decide to go that route, but apparently South Korea will bend over backwards and do whatever they can to get you over there. :P

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Saw your video on CNN. Everything will work out...because you are smart (like many others) but you are creative (e.g. the video). I don't think you will be jobless for long.
:)

Anke