Friday, July 17, 2009

15 Minutes of Fame

Well that was pretty neat. What began as a supplement to my paper resume ended up as an interview on CNN via webcam. Let me tell you, those gorgeous anchorwomen had me smitten:


The invisible world of viral internet material distribution is fascinating. Who knows how it spread around so quickly and through so many channels. However, I did post it on everything I could to maximize its reach.

All the feedback has been great too. Here are some of my favorites:
  • Via Twitter: "HA ck out this guys video resume—hilarious—hire him so he doesnt have 2 write more music!"
  • Regarding the CNN webcam interview: "remember, you don't have to wear pants!"
  • Comment From Spain: "Ver para creer!! Como hace la gente CVs en Internet"
And about that last one... Apparently, according to Youtube, my video was the #23 ranked "How-To" video in Spain, as of yesterday. I am muy calor in the Spanish world. Maybe I'll have a celebrity status if I ever decide to visit.

Hopefully, all this will net me a job. As of now, I have phone interviews lined up with Monster.com and Sperry Top-Siders. Also, I've gotten about half a dozen emails that loved the video and want to see my actual resume. If this doesn't work in landing me a job, I can always follow through with my plan of creating an off-broadway musical based on my entire educational and work career and begin inviting prospective employers to come see it. Just kidding.

My only regret (CNN spelled "Biedrzycki wrong"-- but they pronounced it correctly!):


4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Alec, I watched your interview and listened to your performance. I would hire you in a heartbeat if I owned a company! You are bright, creative, and personable. Good luck in your job search!

Kelly Haggett said...

A++ !! But dude, honestly - what in the world are you doing spending all this energy trying to hitch your wagon to someone else’s star? Seriously. No – SERIOUSLY. Open your own business. Blaze your own path. Take the leap and HIRE YOURSELF! You are the real deal.

Vinay said...

Hi Alec,

saw your video on cnn and came to know abt it thru a frnds post on facebook... great going and very creative

good luck

Anonymous said...

Neat idea! I hope it works out for you!