Monday, October 19, 2009

Humble, Innovation-Al

First, my new domain name http://www.innovation-al.com. It has a new homepage!

My newest project is fun and currently 25% complete. It's more cohesive and polished (so far) than "Hire Me" which was constructed in about two days. This is a multi-week project filled with different talents, more ideas and as a result, more work.

I like it a lot though. Keeping busy and creating stuff is what I really love to do. Showcasing my ideas and getting everyone excited about delivering something really cool is what I'm all about. Note that: in my next interview, that's what I'll respond with when the question "What are you looking for in a job?" comes up.

My only concern is that because I'm making 99% of this entire project it may seem as though it's all about me (which of course it isn't). I'm just trying to avoid coming off as the one stealing the spotlight.

I mean, I did produce the whole thing thus far, so it basically is my project. But that doesn't mean I'm overshadowing the client's message at all. The entire piece of work is dedicated to their marketing cause-- I'm just the one (along with some great female vocalists) conveying the information for them. Hmmm... I believe I've said too much.

Essentially, I need to be careful that I don't overstep my bounds as the client. My problem lies in the fact that being a one-man-team makes it seem like I'm trying to be the one in front. When the project is done this won't be the case. I'm Humble Al.

If all goes according to plan, this thing will drop on November 1st. Possibly earlier, depending on my schedule.

2 comments:

megmarie said...

Nice work! I'd recommend putting your resume as one of your Items/Quick Links.

Also - homecoming is this weekend are you going to be around the Waltham/Boston area?

If so, definitely let me know!

PS- we decided not to pull the trigger on Cranberries tickets because we waited too long and crappy seats at the Orpheum are pretty crappy. Wasn't too keen on spending 50 bucks on bad seats.

Al said...

Good call, will do Ms. Collins.

I'll probably be around the Bentley area this weekend, so I'll definitely give you a ring.

No worries on the Cranberries tickets either. I've experienced the nosebleed sections of the Orpheum so I agree.

Until next time.